The solar system motif looks great especially on the longitudinal surfaces of the body, e.g. forearms, back, legs or collarbone, but it looks equally good as a small tattoo design on the wrist or neck or behind the ear. A tattoo with a solar system may look different because, like every motif, it gives a lot of possibilities and can be modified depending on our own ideas. This makes a planetary system tattoo more and more popular for both women and men.
First, a few words about the solar system itself. The solar system is a planetary system in the Milky Way galaxy. Consisting of the Sun and gravity-related 8 planets, at least 205 their moons and billions of small planetoids, comets and meteoroids, as well as interplanetary dust. The center of the solar system is the sun. Then successively from the sun is Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. All the planets, except Earth and Uranus (which owes its name to the Greek deity Uranos), bear the names of deities from Roman mythology.
A few words about the planets themselves and a little about their symbolism.
- Mercury – In ancient China, Mercury was known as “Hourly Star”. He was identified with the north direction and the element of water. The Maya imagined the planet as an owl or four owls (two in the morning and two in the evening), being messengers of the afterlife.
- Venus – Was known to ancient civilizations as the “morning star” or “evening star”. However, several historical cultures thought they were two separate objects.
- Earth – widespread deity cults were associated with Earth, among which female deities dominated. In many cultures, the goddess mother (or Mother Earth) is portrayed as the goddess of fertility, prosperity and prosperity.
- Mars – comes from the Roman god of war. In different cultures, Mars represents masculinity and youth. His symbol, a circle with an arrow pointing right and up, is also used as a male symbol.
- Jupiter – Is visible to the naked eye in the night sky and can sometimes be visible during the day when the sun is low. Jupiter’s circulation time around the sun is 12 years. It’s considered of growth and happiness.
- Saturn – In Roman mythology the god Saturn, from which the planet takes its name, was the Old -ital god of agriculture and sowing. Its distinctive feature are rings.
- Uranus – the planet’s name comes from Uranos, the Greek god, the personification of the sky. It is also the first planet discovered with the help of a telescope.
- Neptune – the name comes from the Roman god of the seas Neptune and his astronomical symbol is a stylized trident of Neptune.
It’s time to go to the gallery. See which solar system designs are the most popular.
The solar system is one of the most popular tattoo motifs. The sun and other planets of the system as a motif appear in many religions and legends of different cultures. This makes their meaning extremely extensive and ambiguous, and therefore extremely interesting.