Are you a fan of Cardi B? If so, check out Cardi B tattoos and learn about their meaning. Her body art undoubtedly deserves your attention.
Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, known professionally as Cardi B was born on October 11, 1992. She is an American rapper, songwriter, and also the creative director of Playboy. She is known for her aggressive flow and candid lyrics. Born and raised in New York City, she became an Internet celebrity by achieving popularity on Vine and Instagram. From 2015 to 2017, she appeared as a regular cast member on the VH1 reality television series Love & Hip Hop: New York, which depicted her pursuit of her music aspirations.
Cardi B is the recipient of numerous accolades, including awards such as: a Grammy Award, eight Billboard Music Awards (including three consecutive Top Rap Female Artist wins), five Guinness World Records, six American Music Awards, four MTV Video Music Awards, six BET Awards (including Album of the Year), and fourteen BET Hip Hop Awards. Moreover Invasion of Privacy—which made her the first female rapper to win the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album as a solo artist. It became the first female rap album in fifteen years to be nominated for a Grammy Award for Album of the Year. Time included her on their annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018.
The rapper has 11 different tattoos. While some are some are small and subtle, others are bonafide works of art. She is famous especially for her aggressive flow and bombastic style. Cardi B has tattoos that can rival almost any other celebrity. Her inks are a topic of conversation between her fans. In summary her collection of tattoos is epic and unique.
Cardi B has at least 11 known tattoos:
- cat, cheetah on her left hip – the cute small cat, which many assume is a cheetah. It is the outline of a cheetah sitting upright and facing forward on her left hip. It has a huge floral tattoo around it.
- “Hennessy” on her left bicep- It is the name of her sister. She has it printed in large black cursive. Artist also added some floral decorations to the name.
- “Samuel” on her upper back – the name “Samuel” remains a mystery. We only know he had a relationship with her. Now Cardi covered his name with a brilliant colorful butterfly.
- “Tommy G” on her left wrist – it’s a red wrist tattoo for her ex-boyfriend Tommy Geez
- Flower Piece on back- it is indeed her biggest tattoo. And it flows down her left side from the back and ribs, down past her butt, and to the back of her thigh. Tattoo artist utilized here colored flowers, some classic designs, including magnolias, peonies, and lilies.
- “Belkis” on her right wrist- ink in cursive letters. It is an abbreviated version of Cardi’s real name, Belcalis.
- “Loyalty Over Royalty” on her right bicep – Cardi B hasn’t provided an explanation for this one. But we can guess it, right? But one can assume that the artist values the loyalty of, for example, her friends especially now that she has reached the top.
- peacock on her hip- it’s on her right side which stretches from her waist all the way down to her thigh. Cardi actually got this tattoo 10 years ago but had it touched up. This ink represents a perfect combination of her top style and love for bold colors.
- I Love You hand sign behind her right ear-the meaning behind that cute lil red star is unclear and this hand says “I love you” in American Sign Language.
- “Offset” on left leg- it’s the name of her husband in black cursive. Offset (Kiari Kendrell Cephus) is also an American rapper. She located this ink just below the floral piece on the hamstring part of the leg.
For more info about Cardi B tattoos klick here and here or here.
If you want see more our design inspirations klick here and here or here.