If you don’t want your tattoo to be visible then apply a tattoo cover up makeup. A lot of cosmetics can hide a tattoo.
Tattoos are amazing pieces of body art. But there are some situations where you might want to cover up a tattoo so it isn’t visible. Luckily, you can wear clothes or apply makeup to temporarily obscure it. If you choose to apply makeup, it’s important to do it properly. Then it looks natural while still hiding the appearance of the tattoo. A lot of foundations, concealers, and sprays hide tattoos.
Best Tattoo Cover up Makeup:
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream Waterproof
- Dermablend Quick-Fix Color Corrector Powder
- Mehron Makeup CreamBlend Stick
- Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Foundation with SPF 30
- Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Super Concealer Camouflage
- Dermacol Make-up Cover Full Coverage Foundation
- Laura Mercier Silk Cream Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation
- Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-Hour Perfect Concealer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15
- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
- Ideal Conceal Body Enhancer Medium/Dark Bronzer Concealer
- Cargo Swimmables Longwear Foundation
- L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible up to 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Longwear Foundation
- Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Makeup
- Maybelline New York Facestudio Master Conceal Makeup
- Belloccio Fair Color Shade Foundation Set – Professional Cosmetic Airbrush Makeup
- Tattoo Camouflage Cover Up Makeup Concealer Complete Coverage
- Ben Nye Theatrical Creme Personal Kit
Concealing a tattoo with makeup
Step 1: Get your skin clean and ready. Clean your tattooed skin area with a wipe or some facial wash to get rid of dirt and to make the skin ready to apply makeup.
Step 2: Apply a light concealer over the tattoo: From the tattoo cover up makeup kit, use the liquid or cream concealer that is several shades lighter than your normal skin tone to apply to your skin. Try to blot the concealer on your skin instead of rubbing it. It is more effective and quicker. When your tattoo is covered in an even layer of concealer, let it be there for some minute to dry up. At this stage the tattoo is still visible.
Step 3: The next step is to use foundation to apply over the concealer. Choose the foundation that matches with your skin tone to get better effect. Once the tattoo is fully covered, wait 1 minute for the foundation to dry. Or you can use liquid or cream foundation with the help of a sponge or a brush. At this stage the tattoo is entirely covered in makeup and hidden from view.
Step 4: In order to make the makeup more visually effective, apply translucent powder to the skin with a large powder brush. This make your skin look normal.
Step 5: Apply some hairspray onto the skin and allow it to dry before wearing clothes. This helps to make sure the tattoo cover up makeup stays strong and intact against rubbing onto clothes or sweat.
Step 6: Give your makeup a try. Wear clothes on and pretend you are attending a meeting or an interview, just to see if the tattoo is totally covered or if it is durable enough to last throughout the event.
If you need if you need quick solutions cover the tattoo with clothing for a quick fix. Wrist or neck tattoos you can cover with jewelry.
Moreover if you’re looking for a more permanent solution, you may want to completely remove the tattoo after consulting with a dermatologist. If you’re unhappy with the tattoo that you have, you can cover it up with another tattoo. But keep in mind that the cover-up tattoo will likely have to be larger and darker than the initial tattoo.
For more info about tattoo cover up makeup klick here and here or here.
If you want see some our design inspirations klick here and here.