Gambling addiction is one of the least understood forms of psychological dependency. However, it should not be underestimated.
In short gambling addiction—also known as pathological gambling, compulsive gambling or gambling disorder—is an impulse-control disorder. If you’re a compulsive gambler, you can’t control the impulse to gamble. Even when it has negative consequences for you or your loved ones.
Gambling problems can happen to anyone from any walk of life. Your gambling goes from a fun, harmless diversion to an unhealthy obsession with serious consequences. Most common types of gambling are entertainments such as: poker/black jack, internet gambling, slot machines, dice games, horse racing, bettington sports.
If you suspect that you or someone you love is a gambling addict, you should learn how to identify the warning signs of a gambling addiction.
How to tell if you are a problem gambler:
- Do you use gambling as an escape?
- Do you miss school or work to gamble?
- Do you neglect relationships to gamble?
- Do you face financial troubles because of gambling?
- Do you feel at risk of losing your job?
- Do you stay in denial about your problem?
- Do you withdraw from family?
- Do you contiunue to gamble despite consequences?
- Do you feel incapable of stopping?
For more info about Gambling addiction klick here and here or here.
If you want to see our tattoo design inspirations klick here and here or here.