If you are looking for an intriguing ink think about a number tattoos. Such a tattoo can be eye-catching and a good conversation starter.
A number is a mathematical object used to count, measure, and label. The original examples are the natural numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and so forth. The most common numeral system is the Hindu–Arabic numeral system. It allows for the representation of any number using a combination of ten fundamental numeric symbols, called digits. In addition, poeple often use numerals for labels (as with telephone numbers), for ordering (as with serial numbers), and for codes (as with ISBNs).
Numbers have existed since man began to count, but the numerals between zero and nine are Arabic numerals which medieval Europeans have based our modern number system. Roman numerals, which are especially popular number tattoos, come from the decimal system based on the number “10.”
People usually make number tattoos to remember and embrace certain events that are greatly important to us. You can choose any number but most people choose the date of birth, roman numerals, wedding date, the death anniversary of a loved one or any lucky number.
Numbers are very flexible in meaning, which is why their significance differs with every individual. There are some general symbolic values that are known amongst everyone. But in most cases numbers represent something personally known by the wearer.
For those more in tune with the spiritual world, numbers are linked to numerology, Tarot or superstition. For example, everyone knows the lucky number seven! There’s an endless list of possibilities one can accomplish with number tattoos.
The most common number tattoos are the following 7 numbers:
- 3 tattoo – this is an angel number that stands for joy, creativity, and imagination.
- 4 tattoo – this number tattoo stands for connecting mind, body & spirit while giving you safety and security.
- 8 tattoo – this number stands for self-confidence, inner strength, as well as success.
- 9 tattoo – a number 9 tattoo stands for universal love, faith, as well as a spiritual awakening.
- 11 tattoo – a master number 11 stands for high vibration, optimism, as well as positivity.
- 13 tattoo – many people think of this number as a bad luck number, but this is far from the truth. This number stands for motivation, passion, as well as strength.
- 14 tattoo – is an angelic number. It represents knowledge, personal growth, as well as exploration and travel.
You can place number tattoos anywhere on your body. Numerical ink design ideas will look cool on your forearm, bicep, shoulder, neck, arm, as well as your wrist. Also, the font type is up to you. In this tattoo, you can use anything from simple minimalistic fonts to more ornate and sophisticated ones. Together with your tattoo artist you can create a very interesting and personalized design.
For more information about number tattoos klick here and here or here.
If you want see more our design inspirations klick here and here or here.